Newsom & Davies remains open during lockdown
Lockdown January 2021
We are classed as an essential service so we remain open for anyone who is having difficulties with their eyes, vision or glasses.
Please phone us to discuss your concerns and we will advise you and/or make an appointment. We are open every day from Monday through to Saturday but you must have an appointment for all visits to the practice, including for choosing glasses, adjustments and repairs.
We have a locked door policy to control the number of people in the practice. Please come to the door and we will let you in when it is safe to do so.
If you are shielding or generally concerned about COVID-19 but have a problem with your eyes, please be assured we are doing all we can to keep you safe. It is very important to catch any problems early.
Our optometrists and dispensing opticians are wearing full PPE and all staff wear facecoverings in public areas. We ask that you also wear a facecovering. All our instruments are cleaned between patients, so appointment intervals are longer.
You can still try frames on – they will be sanitised afterwards.
Our Optos and OCT instruments which take in-depth images of your eyes have already reduced the need for close contact.
Currently we are not fitting contact lenses to new wearers due to the difficulty in maintaining social distancing whilst teaching you to handle contact lenses. As with all patients, any existing lens wearer should continue to contact us if they have any concerns.
Thank you to everyone for your continuing support through these challenging times.
- Comprehensive eye examinations including advanced digital retinal scanning
- OCT (Ocular Coherence Tomography)
- Optos Daytona optomap®
- A full contact lens fitting and aftercare service including specialist contact lenses
- Spectacles dispensed by qualified dispensing opticians
- Children’s eye examinations and specialist children’s dispensing
- MECS (Minor Eye Conditions) service
- Eye Health checks
- Domiciliary eye examinations
- Myopia control contact lenses
- Overlay testing.