Newsom & Davies remains open during lockdown
From November 5th the lockdown does not apply to Opticians as we are providing an essential service. We are open but you must have an APPOINTMENT for ALL visits to the practice, including for choosing glasses, adjustments and repairs.
Please phone us on 0117 9622 612
We are continuing to make sure we keep the practice as safe as possible. Our optometrists and dispensing opticians are wearing full PPE and all staff wear facecoverings in public areas. We ask that you also wear a facecovering. All our instruments are cleaned between patients, so appointment intervals are longer. You can still try frames on – they will be sanitised afterwards.
Our Optos and OCT instruments which take in-depth images of your eyes have already reduced the need for close contact.
The locked door policy means we will open the door to let you in if it is safe to do so and you have an appointment.
Currently we are not fitting contact lenses to new wearers due to the difficulty in maintaining social distancing whilst teaching you to handle contact lenses. As with all patients, any existing lens wearer should continue to contact us if they have any concerns.
Please phone if you have any concerns about your eyes. We are prioritising patients who are having difficulty with their vision or are in any group needing more regular checks. We will carry out routine checks when we have availability.
- Comprehensive eye examinations including advanced digital retinal scanning
- OCT (Ocular Coherence Tomography)
- Optos Daytona optomap®
- A full contact lens fitting and aftercare service including specialist contact lenses
- Spectacles dispensed by qualified dispensing opticians
- Children’s eye examinations and specialist children’s dispensing
- MECS (Minor Eye Conditions) service
- Eye Health checks
- Domiciliary eye examinations
- Myopia control contact lenses
- Overlay testing.